This program is best for pre-K - 5th Grade.
After sharing my book, "W World Kids, What in the World is the Coronavirus?", I invite my listeners to explore the different ways we can protect ourselves from the coronavirus. Students will see and discuss face masks, hand sanitizer and other preventative measures to take to protect themselves during this pandemic.
For a FREE virtual school visit:
Each classroom must pre-order a total of at least 5 paperback copies. Click "Buy Now" above.
Teachers may download the book order form below to print and send home to parents 4 weeks prior to the virtual book reading.
Teachers may schedule a virtual reading date BUT it will only be CONFIRMED after 5 purchases.
If you have any questions, please click the "Contact" tab above.
A virtual author visit can still be more meaningful if students are excited and prepared. How can you stir up some excitement?
- Encourage teachers, students and parents to order copies of the author’s books and book-talk them during class visits to the media center and at home in the weeks before the visit.
- Read excerpts from the author’s books during morning announcements.
- Show a book trailer (if available) on the morning announcements or when classes come to the library.
- Download a biography of the author and copy/distribute it to teachers at a faculty meeting..
- Put up a bulletin board displaying the author’s book covers in a busy hallway.
- Offer a prize for the best essay, “Why do you want to meet this author?” Choose the best entries from each grade and arrange a lunch with the author in a designated location.
- Have a “quiz-bowl” drawing: During morning announcements, ask a question about one of the author’s books. Tell students to write their full name, homeroom, and the answer on a slip of paper, then drop it in a bowl in the media center. At the end of the day, draw one slip; if it contains a correct answer, that student wins a school selected prize.